Schlage AL Series - Page 1
The AL-Series keyed lever lock utilizes the Schlage original A-Series cylindrical chassis with stylish lever designs supported by heavy duty spring cages. This design provides strength and performance in the more abusive commercial Grade 2 applications. Components such as threaded hubs and locking nuts literally "bolt" the lock chassis to the door to prevent loosening. A heavy duty spring cage utilizes compression springs to support levers from drooping. The interlocking spindle design gives internal strength to the lock when excessive force is applied to the lever while in the locked position. The AL-Series keyed lever lock exceeds industry testing requirements, including the ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000 Grade 2 specifications and is UL Listed for all functions up to 3-hour doors. The AL-Series is available in a wide variety of keyed and non-keyed functions and in the most popular finishes.
Showing Products 1-24
Total Items: 38
Order By Price: Low to High Price: High to Low Name Newest Avg Review Review Count Free Shipping On Sale
AL - Series Specifications
AL - Series Door Prep
- Applications: Standard duty commercial exterior and interior doors for medical,
office, hotel/motel, public buildings, religious, multi-family,
retail/storefront and government facilities. Also available for heavy duty
- Certifications: ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000, Grade 2. UL Listed for all
functions up to 3-hour doors.
- Keying: 6-pin tumbler with two nickel silver keys per lock. Other keying options
available from the factory include master keying, grandmaster, keying, and
construction keying. Interchangeable core available in Saturn design only.
Classic Primus® and Everest Primus® are also available.
- Door Range: 1 3/8" - 1 7/8" (35 mm - 48mm) standard. 1 7/8" - 2" (48 mm - 51 mm) regular parts assembled to order.
- Backset: 2 ¾" (70 mm) standard. 2 3/8" (60 mm) and 3 ¾" (95 mm) backset latches available. 5" (127 mm) backset links also available.
- Exposed Trim: Wrought brass or bronze. Levers are pressure cast zinc, plated to
match finish symbols.
AL - Series Latches & Strikes
- Standard latches and strikes have adjustable brass or bronze faceplates,
furnished in compatible lock trim finish.
- Latches: 1 1/8" x 2 ¼" (29 mm x 57 mm), ½" (13 mm) throw standard. 1" (25 mm) wide faceplates available. Circular drive-in, ¼" (6 mm) radius round corner springlatches and deadlatches are also available.
- Strikes: ANSI 1 ¼" x 4 7/8" (32 mm x 124 mm) strike, 1 3/16" (30 mm) lip standard. Square corner, 1 1/8" x 2 ¾" x 3/32" (29 mm x 70 mm x 2 mm) T strike with 1 1/8" (29 mm) lip, furnished with dust box, available. Optional lip lengths 1" - 2" (25 mm - 51 mm) available.
Schlage Standard Features
- Exceeds all ANSI A156.2, 1996, Series 4000, Grade 2 strength and operational
requirements including 400,000 cycle testing.
- True through-bolting of door prevents lock chassis rotations and disengagement
- Stainless steel interlocking spindle design for added strength against excess
force when lever is in locked position or latch has been fully retraced.
- Cold rolled steel, machined, threaded hubs and locking nuts prevent loosening of
the lockset by bolting chassis to the door.
- Heavy duty compression springs extend life of spring cage, minimize droop and
provide smooth, fast return action of levers.
- Patented door range adjuster allows quick and easy adjustment of the AL-Series
for 1 3/8" - 1 7/8" (35 mm - 48 mm) thick doors.